Gmail login: Gmail or Google Mail was first initiated as a scheme by Mr. Paul Buchheit who was then working as a developer for Google. While Mr.Paul Buchheit was working on an personal email project during 1990s in his college days as a student, he had already gone through the concept of developing a web based email service; that was when even Hotmail was not launched.
However, his work on www.gmail.com officially began in 2001. At the Google Firm, Buchheit was first working on Google Groups, that was the first time.
The Google Team has asked him “to build some type of email or personalization product“, he took a single day and came out with creating the first and the foremost version of the gmail.com reiterating the ‘Caribou‘ code from the Google Groups and the project was named after the same code Caribou.
- 1 Early Times of Gmail.com
- 2 Create www.Gmail.com Account
- 3 Gmail login Tips
- 4 www.Gmail.com features you must know
- 5 What is Gmail?
- 6 Delete all www.Gmail.com Conversations with one click
- 7 File attachment reminder in Gmail
- 8 Use different Gmail Login email Addresses
- 9 Switch to multiple Gmail.com Account
- 10 Set up automatic reply in www.Gmail.com
Early Times of Gmail.com
While Mr. Buchheit was developing www.gmail.com, already prevailing email services in the market were Yahool! Mail and Hotmail. However at that time, the Interfaces of Yahool Mail and Hotmail was working on a severely slow pace because they were formulated in plain HTML.
This factor resulted a huge problem faced by their users because whenever the users performed any action on the page, the Server would automatically refresh the whole page, hence making the users feel frustrated.
It had only been a month since the beginning of the Google project when Mr.Buchheit was joined by another engineer Mr. Sanjeev Singh. Mr. Buchheit has left Google in 2006 and together they both founded a social networking website called FriendFeed.
In 2002, Mr. Brian Rakowski who was a fresh college graduate back then, came to know about this project on his very first day at Google and later became the first Product Manager of www.gmail.com.
Later in August 2003, Mr. Kevin Fox who was also newly recruited at Google, was given the job to design the interface of Gmail login. When the Gmail login project was officially launched in April 2004, it had about 12-14 persons working on it.
Previously it was made available as a web based email service only for the employees of Google. As per the resources of Google, they had been using the software internally for many years prior to it’s official public launch in 2004.
Create www.Gmail.com Account
Every now and then a person feels a need to communicate electronically to different people for different purposes and such communication can only be made possible through electronic media.
By making an email account such a person can easily connect with their desired persons by sending to and receiving emails from them. The steps by which you can sign up for Google mail by making a gmail login Account.
- First and foremost search for the page Create Your Google Account in a web based search engine. By doing so will take you to the page from where the account can be created. Look for the Create Account section and then the Name section where you will be asked to enter your First name and Last name.
- Enter your fancied username in the Choose Your Username text box given at the center of this page. It must be remembered that a Gmail login email address will appear as your username and then @gmail.com; if your username is joseph123 then your email address will be “[email protected]“
- Type a password in the “Create Password” text box given right next to the New Email text box. It must be noted that your password should be strong enough and must includes upper case letters and numbers.
- Then you will have to confirm your password and then choose Next.
- You will then have to verify your Phone Number for extra security of your account. Although, this step can also be skipped. Google usually suggests its users to insert an extra email address or phone number which would be linked with your account in case if you loose your current password, this alternate email address or phone number can be used to log into your account.
- Now enter your correct “Date of Birth”.
- Firstly you have to select your birth month, then date and lastly year in the given boxes, then you will choose your Gender which will be identified on your account that whether the account holder is a male or a female then click Next.
- Here you will be shown a list of some “Terms And Conditions” which are supposed to be at least skim read by the user before creating the account.
- If you Agree to these conditions, click on the I Agree icon. However, it should be remembered that if you do not Agree to these terms and conditions, you cannot proceed in creating your gmail.com Account.
- Lastly, click I Agree for further proceedings of your www.gmail.com usage tutorial. Clicking on I Agree icon will create your account and take you to the My Account Page for further email settings of your gmail Account.
Gmail login Tips
Once you have made a Gmail Account, you must now be urging to use your account time to time and at the same time you cannot always keep your account logged in. To re login into your www.gmail.com account the following given steps can be used:
- First of all, search for www.gmail.com in a web browser which is the official page of Google Mail.
- After reaching the desired page, look for the Sign-in button being shown at the upper most right corner of this page. “Click” on this button.
- Now you will be asked to enter your Google Account email address or your phone number (in case you have created your account with a phone number instead of an email address) and password in the given boxes.
- Insert the correct “email address” or “phone number” and “password” then click on Next button.
- Now as you have entered the correct gmail login information you will be taken to the inbox of your account.
By following the steps given above you can easily your Hotmail/Outlook Account as well as Log into your account whenever you want to.
However, Google itself suggests that if any of its users is using a Public Computer instead of a personal computer, then they must log out of their account before leaving so that this will keep your account protected from malicious activities and hackers.
www.Gmail.com features you must know
Gmail is the best email service provider to date without a single doubt. The www.gmail.com service is getting better and better with the passage of time, and you see no competitor of Google’s product so far.
This is widely used communication and advertising services across the globe and recently, it has crossed one billion per month active user milestone.
If you have been using Gmail login for years, you need to check the mentioned features. These are the most important and must know features for everyone.
What is Gmail?
If you are logged into your Gmail.com account and are searching on Google, you need to know Google is taking care of all your search queries continuously. This means you can see your search history, location history, browsing and all contact update information etc. by using the activity tap.
- You just need to follow this link https://google.com/history (I assume you are logged in already).
- You will be awestruck to see how Google manage our search history and other browsing details.
- In case you want Google not to keep all these tracks, delete the browsing history and turn it off instantly.
Delete all www.Gmail.com Conversations with one click
Yes, it is possible to delete all Gmail.com conversations with just one tap. This is not a new feature; www.Gmail.com has displayed this long before. I think you might not be aware of this feature of deleting all conversation of one type delete with one click.
- Open your Gmail login account, Follow mail.google.com.
- Select the left corner selection button.
- Select all conversation under this tab.
- And click on the clear button.
All conversation under one tab will be deleted with just one click. Same goes for the other tabs such as Social and promotions.
You might have been using the one page delete way to delete all messages in your gmail login account, which is frustrating and time-consuming.
File attachment reminder in Gmail
Google is taking care of the users using AI at the core. The recent release of a new feature is an evident example of it. Say, if you want to attach a file in your email conversation, and used “I have attached a file“, and you actually forget to attach the file. Gmail.com will remind you with a pop-up that you have forgotten attaching the file in your message.
Use different Gmail Login email Addresses
Now, gmail.com has come up with a splendid feature to distinguish your personal and professional activities using different email addresses.
Such as, Gmail login does not distinguish between [email protected]Gmail.com and [email protected] Any message received on either of the email address will be received at you with a different number of positions of the dot.
Switch to multiple Gmail.com Account
- If you are a blogger, business owner or online marketer, it is likely to use more than one Gmail login account.
- Now, you can switch to one www.gmail.com account to the other Gmail.com account without singing out from the first account.
- You can do it in the same browser without any hiccup.
- Simply tap on your Gmail login account picture, and tap on the Add account button and click on it.
- You will be asked for the new Gmail.com address and password, Boom. You are all set to use more than one account in the same browser without actually signing out the www.Gmail.com account.
Set up automatic reply in www.Gmail.com
- Gmail.com allows you to set up automatic replies if you are not available on the internet.
- Gmail email login will send an automatic message to the person in case you are not available to respond.
- It will not send replies to spam messages; you will have to set up the replies first.
Thanks for visiting, we tried to cover all parts related to Gmail login in this guide. Still if you need any help related to www.Gmail.com, please do leave a comment so that we may add new updates.